Catastrophic Injury Resources for Texas
Catastrophic Injury Attorney Serving Houston
A catastrophic injury is an injury that has a serious adverse impact on a person’s health and life. Catastrophic injuries may include eye injuries that cause blindness; injuries that cause internal organ damage; injuries that cause deafness; burn injuries; injuries that cause you to lose a limb; spinal cord injuries; and brain injuries.
If someone caused you or a loved one to suffer a traumatic injury through negligent or careless behavior, that person or entity must be held responsible. The Law Offices of Kevin Krist is here to help. Our Texas personal injury lawyers focus on catastrophic injury cases, and we can help you to maximize the compensation you receive so you can afford to bear the costs of your injury. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help. Simply call 281-677-3962, or use the firm’s online form. You’ll hear back from Mr. Krist within 24 hours.
You can also make use of the list of resources we have compiled below to help you to cope with your catastrophic injury.
Texas Health Resources
- The Texas Hospital Association provides a directory of hospitals in Texas.
- The Texas Health and Human Services Commission provides a list of resources for the injured in Texas, including information on disability rights in Texas and links to support groups and organizations.
- The Texas Department of Insurance provides information on workers’ compensation and details on work injuries for Texas residents.
Legal Resources Related to Personal Injuries
- The Legal Information Institute provides an overview of tort laws and your legal rights after an injury.
- The Legal Information Institute also provides a broad overview of damages available in tort lawsuits.
- The website for the Texas Court System provides information on courts throughout the state of Texas.
- The Texas Appellate Court Rules provide detailed information about appealing a case in Texas.
- The State Bar of Texas provides free legal information that users can browse to learn more about Texas laws.
Resources by Injury Type
- The Brain Injury Association of America provides support for those living with traumatic brain injuries.
- The Brain Trauma Foundation works to help improve the outcome for brain injury patients by providing TBI resources and information.
- Empowering Amputees is an online social network that connects those who have lost a limb. Members can share stories, information and support.
- The National Spinal Cord Injury Association provides comprehensive information to spinal cord injury victims. This page leads to details on the Texas Gulf Coast Chapter of the NSCIA.
Resources by Injury Cause
- The National Patient Safety Foundation (NPSA) provides information on patient safety.
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) provides information on occupational injuries, as well as workplace safety and health.
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) provides further information on employee health and safety and on workplace injuries.
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) provides information on product recalls, dangerous products and injuries in the home.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) provides information on auto accident injuries.
- The National Center on Elder Abuse provides information for those who suspect elder abuse or who have been the victim of abuse by a nursing home or other care provider.
- The Truck Safety Coalition provides information intended to help decrease the number of injuries and fatalities caused by trucks.
- The Texas Department of Motor Vehicles provides information on licensing, vehicle registration, insurance and enforcement or motor vehicle and insurance laws.
- TexasDWI.org provides information on DUI laws and penalties in Texas.
- The Office of Injured Employee Counsel provides information on Texas workers’ compensation cases.
Resources on Coping with Grief and Emotional Issues Related to Accidents
- Medline Plus provides information on the stages of grief and on coping with grief after a death or injury.
- The National Institute of Mental Health provides information on post-traumatic stress disorder.
Resources on Texas Courts and Law Enforcement
Contact Catastrophic Accident Lawyer Kevin Krist Today
While these links provide a broad array of information and resources that you can use to learn more about accidents and injuries in Texas, there is no substitute for getting legal advice after you suffer an injury. If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic accident in southeast Texas, including Houston, Harris County, Pasadena, Katy, Baytown, Sugar Land, Conroe, or League City, contact Kevin Krist today for a free consultation about your case.
Call the Law Office of Kevin Krist at 281-677-3962, or use the firm’s online form.
Kevin Krist will schedule a free consultation to explain how he can put his personal, proven experience to work for you and your family, just as he’s done for hundreds of other serious accident victims. Kevin Krist represents personal injury victims on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no fees unless he recovers compensation on your claim.